In North Minneapolis, church leaders and other community members are responding to the devastating effects of youth violence in a proactive way. Neighbours are going door-to-door to engage with fellow parents about the warning signs of gang involvement, and to share strategies for starting the conversation about gangs and violence with kids at home. The story of this community’s effort to prevent violence can be read here. Also connected to the article is a list of warning signs for parents that outlines behaviours linked with a high risk for gang involvement.
- A new year letter from the church council on justice and corrections
- National Restorative Justice Symposium 2021
- CCJC’s Board President, Pamela Dillon, March 2021 update
- CCJC’s Board President, Pamela Dillon, September 2020 letter about her experiences as a volunteer in the Prison Chaplaincy Program
- Creative & Healing Approaches to Justice Event