Restorative Justice Coordinator
The Church Council on Justice and Corrections located in Ottawa, Ontario is pleased to offer a 8-week Restorative Justice Coordinator position. The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience conducting research and developing educational resources relating to restorative justice. A work plan will be developed by the successful candidate in collaboration with CCJC staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the creation, production and distribution of resources for Restorative Justice Week 2015
- Assist with the planning of an event to mark Restorative Justice Week 2015
- Assisting with the preparation of educational materials and resources related to the criminal justice policy in Canada
- Other duties as assigned by the CCJC Manager
The successful candidate will be enrolled in a university or college program with a concentration in criminology or related discipline. The ideal candidate will have experience and or knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Justice system and concepts of restorative justice.
Funding for this position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Eligible students:
- are between 15 and 30 years of age;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Foreign students are not eligible.
Compensation: The position pays $11.00/hr for 30 hours per week.
Please send a short cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com or by fax to (613) 237-6129. The deadline for applications is Monday June 1, 2015 at 4pm. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of June 8-12, 2015. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.